August 7 - 30, 2015

Write Act Repertory Theatre

Picture
L-R (rear): Heather Lake (Barbara), Sam Tank (Andre),
L-R (front): Juliette Angeli (Karen), Belinda Howell (Doctor),
Far right: Rachel Manna (Joanna)

Thursday, 20 August 2015 08:35
Renewal @ The Brickhouse Theatre
Written by  Samantha Simmonds-Ronceros
Visit: http://nohoartsdistrict.com/theatres/theatre-reviews/item/3068-renewal-the-brickhouse-theatre

Renewal, Book, Lyric and music by Michael Antin, directed by Jim Blanchette

The weather was hot and steamy last week in LA and it was a hotter still last Friday night at The Brickhouse Theatre when I had the opportunity to see this terrific musical, Renewal. But the production of ‘Renewal’ made the discomfort of the stifling heat well worth it, although I was grateful to be sat beneath the AC vent I can tell you!

The Brickhouse Theatre in NoHo is one of those smaller stages in LA where just about anything can happen, and usually does.

I had no expectations about this production, the show is new with only one previous short run in New York. But I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised by the enthusiastic and polished performances, the ‘retro’ staging and the fabulous vocals of this wonderful cast.

The story is centered around our leading lady Joanna.

An accomplished and successful Broadway star, Joanna is all set to fly away to Italy for her wedding to her Italian sweetheart leaving her career behind her, when fate steps in and she is hospitalized with terrible facial scaring after her taxi crashes on her way to the airport.

Her fiancé abandons her and it is left to her mother, her best friend, her psychiatrist and her shifty agent’s doting assistant to help her through her long and difficult recovery.

Renewal is about finding out what is truly important in life, and who…

The production is chock full of memorable and fun songs, great performances and hilarious turns by some wonderful character actors. Some find love, some find fame and some find themselves.

All in all this is a really fun night out. We should support this kind of theatre in LA. A new show with wonderful actors in a great neighborhood theatre. This is what NoHo is all about!

I highly recommend ‘Renewal’ at The Brickhouse Theatre 10950 Peach Grove Street, North Hollywood, 91601

The Show runs from August 7 through 30th
Friday and Saturday @ 7:30PM and Sunday @ 2PM

Cast
Juliette Angeli, Belinda Howell, *Kyle Kulish, Heather Lake, Rachel Manna, Linda Nile, Sam Tank, and Wally White (*appears courtesy of Actors Equity Association)

Crew
Cameron Stark, Ava Soltani, Auden Granger, John Lant, Tamara Pica, Jonathan Harrison, Anne Mesa, Jim Blanchette, Carlo Maghirang, Angela Acuna, Kurt Sinclair.
Picture

Sam Tank (Andre) and *Kyle Kulish (Goby Richards)

Comments

May I simply say what a comfort to uncover a person that genuinely knows what they are discussing online. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people need to read this and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you're not more popular since you certainly have the gift.

02/13/2016 7:26am

May I simply say what a relief to discover a person that really understands what they are talking about on the internet. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you aren't more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

04/09/2016 4:21am

I am sure it's a great play. Maybe I will visit it someday.

08/09/2016 9:36pm

Is that production really chock full of memorable and fun songs, great performances and hilarious turns by some wonderful character actors? I need to watch that

09/06/2016 9:40pm

This kind of play that is hilarious, fun, tragic and romantic is one of the sought-after plays for people who loves theater performances. It gives me great pleasures on watching it. It saddens me that I didn't make it last year to watch it, since I was at L.A. busy with my mom for her on-going medication. But if there's a remake on such play, I would love to watch it and bring my mom along since she also loves watching theater plays.

09/08/2016 8:58pm

Yes, I think so too, that we really should support such things!
Very good post, thanks! Like!

10/02/2016 9:15am

NOHO art district have awesome kind of opportunities that will form in theaters. The rare and important brick house movie is going to show here soon.

11/14/2016 11:31pm

I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. Thanks for Describing Everything.

05/13/2017 3:34am

Welcome to Dhl Tracking Official Site Track Dhl Couriers & Parcels By Entering the Dhl Tracking Number Track Dhl Global Mail Tracking www.Dhl.com

05/15/2017 7:30pm

Welcome to Official Site Track Fedex Couriers & Parcels By Entering the fedex tracking number Track Fedex Global Mail Tracking

It's a really useful and nice piece of info. I'm glad that you shared this info . Please keep us informed relating to this. Thanks for sharing.

11/06/2017 10:05pm

it is very good info and this site provides good information

11/07/2017 12:17am

this provides useful and good information

11/07/2017 12:56am

jio phone supports 4g feature

11/07/2017 1:44am

PhotoMath does just that, utilizing your smartphone's camera to quickly solve math problems.

11/07/2017 2:00am

Mathway’s math solver is an excellent tool to check your work for free.

11/10/2017 12:31am

Great post. I learn something rougher on various sites everyday. It will always be stimulating to find articles from different authors and observe somewhat 1 thing from their shop. I would decide to utilize some together with the content in my website whether or not you do not mind. Natually I will provide you with a link on your online blog. Thank you for sharing.

11/10/2017 12:35am

Music began playing anytime I started this internet site, so annoying!